- Land Use
- Real Estate
Stacy Bjordahl provides strategic advice and critical support to clients with complex land use, environmental, and real estate development issues. She provides in-depth knowledge of local and state land-use processes on matters such as comprehensive plan amendments, rezones, planned unit developments, development agreements, wetland permits, shoreline permits, environmental review, road vacations, and impact fees. Ms. Bjordahl also advises clients on real estate transactions, including purchase and sale of land and water rights, boundary line disputes and modifications, leases, easements, and restrictive covenants. Her litigation practice includes defense of development approvals before local and state administrative tribunals and Washington courts, in proceedings involving local and state land use laws, such as the Growth Management Act (GMA), Shoreline Management Act (GMA) and State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA).
She has been involved in a significant number of developments in Eastern Washington during the past decade, representing both private and public agency clients. Representative projects include subdivisions, PUDs, commercial shopping centers, office buildings and business parks, apartments and mixed use complexes, and other industrial, commercial, and recreational developments.
Before joining the firm in 2008, Ms. Bjordahl was a shareholder with the Spokane-based firm of Witherspoon, Kelley, Davenport & Toole PS. Prior joining Witherspoon Kelley in 2000, she worked as a land use planner for Spokane County from 1992 to 2000.
- Gonzaga University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2001
- Western Washington University, B.A., 1992
- Washington State Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington
Professional and Civic Involvement:
- Washington State Supreme Court, Board Member, Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Board, 2011–present
- Spokane Club, House Committee, 2011–2013
- Gonzaga University School of Law, Adjunct Professor, Zoning and Land Use, 2005–2013
- Washington State Bar Association, Environmental & Land Use Section, Chair, 2009–2010
- Washington State Bar Association Environmental & Land Use Section, Executive Committee Member, 2005–2011
- Washington State Department of Commerce, Lecturer for “Short Course on Local Planning”
- Alpha Sigma Nu National Honor Society, 2001
- Associate Editor of Gonzaga Law Review, 2001